- New Synthetic Chemistry Lab
- Dr. Cynthia Dowd wins share of $200 million grant from NIH
- Dr. Christopher Cahill wins $1.2 million grant from DOE
Chemistry faculty featured prominently in October 2009 CCAS newsletter
- Greenhouse Gas Generates Energy
- Shedding Light on Fuel Cell Catalysts
- Using Lasers to Develop Sensors
- Tiny Materials Provide a Boost to Batteries
Dr. Christopher Cahill Named Fulbright Scholar
Dr. Cahill will be on sabbatical during the 2008-2009 academic year to pursue research in Cardiff, Wales in the United Kingdom. Congratulations on receiving this prestigious honor!
ARCS® Scholars Selected
Congratulations to Anna Korovina, Jessica Stolee and Bennett Walker, who have been selected as ARCS® (Achievement Rewards for College Scientists) Scholars for 2009-10.
Philip Amsterdam Scholar Selected from Chemistry Department
Badri Shyam was selected as one of three winners of the Philip Amsterdam Graduate Teaching Assistantship Award. Congratulations!
Peter Nemes wins 2008 Chorofas Foundation Award
Congratulations to doctoral student Peter Nemes, who received the 2008 Chorafas Prize, an international prize for exceptional achievements in research. The Swiss-based Dimitris N. Chorafas Foundation prizes are devoted to doctoral students who are under 30 at the time of application and conduct outstanding work in selected fields of engineering, computer science, medicine, and the natural sciences.
Mazdak Taghioskoui wins 2 DCCEAS Awards
Congratulations to Mazdak and his mentors, Professors Montaser and Zaghloul, for winning two prizes from the District of Columbia Council of Engineering and Architectural Societies for a paper ‘Development of a Miniature Instrument for Detection of Trace Molecular Species on Mars’ by Mazdak Taghioskoui, Ph.D Candidate.
- The WSE/YEP Graduate First Prize certificate and $500.00 Cash Award for 2008
- The DCCEAS Graduate First Prize Certificate and $800.00 Cash Award for 2008
Mazdak has been invited to the DCCEAS Engineers Week Awards Banquet on February 23, 2008, as a guest of the Council, inorder to receive the awards.